Your moving toy needs to:
- Have a body that can hold a plastic teddy bear.
- Have at least two wheels that move by themselves.
- You can push it to start it moving
- Move past the 1 metre line at the bottom of the ramp.
The Learning Process
- First, the children listened to the teacher describe a creature and they drew what they heard.
- Then they wrote about their creature, using descriptive words.
- Next, they shared their writing with a talking partner to "Give one -Take one" - share words that they could add to their own descriptions.
- Finally, they worked on their writing again to make it better.
I am learning to:
- Use words to build a picture in my own mind
- Use descriptive words in my writing
- Use talking and sharing my ideas as a way to make my own writing better.
Geometry - 2D Shapes
We are learning to sort shapes by their characteristics
We will know we are successful when we:
- use words like - shape, line, straight, curved, corners, edges, sides
- think about different ways to sort the shapes
- talk about how and why we sorted the shapes
We are learning about Pitch
- High and low sounds
- Creating a pitch map
- Making ascending and descending melodic patterns
We are learning about beat and rhythmic patterns.
At Music I do lots of singing with Mr McCallum. I like Music. I like singing.
I am learning to create and perform a sequence which links two shapes through rolling, traveling or jumping.
I will be successful when I create and perform a sequence that links two shapes through rolling, traveling or jumping.
We are learning to:
- use non standard equipment to measure
- compare two measurements
- use measurement words to talk about our learning
- use the standard unit of centimetres to measure
- Start in the correct place
- Choose appropriate equipment to measure something
- Use a simple centimetre ruler to measure small things
- Put equipment close together, without spaces
- Measure in a straight line
- Use words like: measure, long, wide, narrow, longer than, shorter than, wider than, narrower than, the same as